Chateau de Courtomer in Normandy, FranceThursday, September 28, 2017 at 5:00am
5 day trips
All the comforts of home!
- Chateau was completed in 1789 on the eve of the French Revolution
- Located on an old Roman road leading through Normandy
- One of the rare estates where many of its old buildings still remain intact: a glaciere, spring house, Orangeri, two little chapels, stables
where racehorses were bred, many farm buildings, and a17th-century Protestant chapel
- Situated on 300 acres of private park, woodlands, pasture and fields
- A short bike ride or walk away is the Village of Courtomer, offering artisanal cider, an open-air fresh market, Calvados shop, and a brick oven boulangerie
- The entire structure of the 17,500 sq ft residence has gone through extensive renovations since 2005, retaining the charm and style of France’s elegant past
- Two hours from the D-Day Beaches in Normandy, Mont Saint-Michel, the Chateaux of the Loire, Paris and many other unique monuments of France’s fascinating history and culture
Five day trips are planned - The Beaches of Normandy, Mont, St.Michel, Giverny, Local Villages tour and the Loire Valley of the Chateaux circuit.
- Travel Insurance is not included but is highly recommended
$4,295 per person
$1,000 non-refundable deposit required to secure room.
$1,000 due Januray 31, 2017. Balance due by June 1, 2017.
Contact: Senior Center Inc Travel - 434 974 6538
Open to all.