Senior Center, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non profit community center that involves, enriches, and empowers seniors in our community. Membership is open to anyone age 50 and better. You are welcome to come to our Open House on the first Tuesday of any month. Find out more by clicking here.
Our programs and services include health and fitness, lifelong learning, recreation, arts, travel, and community service.
Please click here to download our membership registration form.
Why Should I Join the Senior Center, Inc.?
Visitors are always welcome at the Senior Center, but for years we've put a particular emphasis on inviting people in during our annual open house. It's been a great event, with special presentations, free programs, and more for community and Center members alike to enjoy. Then we started thinking ... Why limit the fun to once a year? Let's have an open house every month. So that's what we're going to do, on the FIRST Tuesday of EVERY MONTH.
"Visitors are invited to drop in on any program happening from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and enjoy an orientation presentation at noon to learn about all of our programs and services," says membership coordinator Heidi Shaner. "It's a chance to meet new people and enjoy snacks from our community partner, Whole Foods Market. And if a program you want to try meets on a day other than Tuesday, we hope you'll come back during the week to check it out."
The Value of your Membership
For your yearly membership (dues schedule below), you can enjoy multiple opportunities to learn new skills, become more physically fit, get support, and meet new friends, which worth over $426 a year at the Senior Center, Inc.
As a member, you have REDUCED RATES for:
- trips and programs with fees,
- classified ads in the Times,
- safe driving classes,
- facility rental fees and
- products and services from our Community Partners.
You have ACCESS to:
- members-only events and programs,
- inexpensive manicures and pedicures,
- a full-service travel agency and certified travel agent,
- The Washington Post and The Daily Progress,
- a volunteer coordinator who can help you engage in volunteerism at the Center and in the community and
- free use of our NuStep exercise machine and the Wii!
You can ENJOY:
- the De Lawter Room! (borrow books, relax, chat, use the assistive reading device),
- chances to enjoy the nationally famous Second-Wind Band,
- the Garden Café! (coffee and fresh salads and sandwiches from Whole Foods.) and
- free Internet access and WIFI (wireless internet access) at the Center.
You can enjoy FREE services such as:
- financial consultation,
- health insurance counseling,
- monthly blood pressure checks,
- estate planning,
- volunteer computer tutoring and
- notary public services.
Your DUES HELP PAY for:
- The upkeep of the building, i.e. utilities, cleaning, maintenance, program equipment, and surrounding lawn and gardens,
- Dedicated and responsive staff,
- Production of the Senior Center TIMES and
- Insurance on the building and our members while they are on the premises.
What a deal! Ages 50 and better: come visit us today!
There are a variety of membership options:
- Individual membership is $99 per year effective 4/1/2012.
- Household membership (for any two individuals living at the same address) is $178 per year effective 4/1/2012.
- Associate membership (an individual who is staying short term) is $30 for 2 weeks to 3 months.
- Visitor membership (for an individual visiting our area) is $15 for 2 days to 2 weeks.
- One Day Pass for an individual is FREE.
Scholarships are available for anyone who cannot afford membership dues. Please contact our
, Heidi Shaner , at 974-7756.
Rewards for Member Referrals
If a Senior Center member refers you for membership and you join, please write his or her name on page 2 of your application, and we will extend his or her membership an extra month.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please complete the Membership Registration form, the Release and Waiver of all Claims, and the Questionnaire. You may either mail the three forms to the address below with payment or bring them into the Center.
Membership Registration Form, Release and Waiver Form, and the Questionnaire in PDF Format. Acrobat Reader Required.
To download Acrobat Reader click here.